Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a miele W500 10 years old now keeps tripping the

Customer Question

Customer: Hi I have a miele W500 10 years old now keeps tripping the electric and a slight burning smell as well. Is it doom and gloom do you think? Thanks ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It just keeps tripping the electric thats all I know to be honest. Just wondered if you thought it was fatal?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to UK Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Thats fine.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! I suspect the issue is a short in the motor circuit with the burning smell. Are you able to tell where the odor is coming from? Can you inspect the control module for any visible signs of burning?