Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My hotpoint ultima electronic condenser tdc 60 is not

Customer Question

Customer: my hotpoint ultima electronic condenser tdc 60 is not heating up. help what do I do please
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I am trying to dry some towels and the drum is going round but they are not drying as the dryer is not getting hot
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to UK Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Hi

If you are looking at fixing this yourself then you need to remove the buldge cover on the back of the dryer and there you will see the heater element in the back panel. But first make sure its unplugged.

Remove the heater and on the top you will see the thermostats. If you have a multi meter you need to test them both and see if faulty.

If faulty then look in the centre of the thermostat on top and there you may see a small hole. If so then get a pin and push it down there and it should click.

If no hole then you need to remove the thermostat and then throw it down on a hard surface silver side down and this should reset it. You will tell if it has as If you shake it it should rattle. If it does then its fine.

Once you have reset the thermostats refit the heater and retry it and see how it goes from there.

Try that and let me know how it goes.

Regards