Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have just bought a second hand rangemaster leisure 110

Customer Question

Hi, I have just bought a second hand rangemaster leisure 110 (all gas version) and think there is a bit missing.
When you look in both main ovens to the gas nozzles at the bottom you can see straight the hole to outside. I'm guessing this isn't right as surely it won't keep the heat in? Should there be a backing plate or something or is there a bit kissing from the actual nozzle that would block up this hole?
Thanks
Category: UK Appliance
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Sorry a few autocorrect issues there!
I meant you can see straight through to outside from the bottom of both ovens where the gas nozzles are.
Then missing not kissing!
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The heat is produced in the oven cavity , not where the gas enters the burner tube. The heat will go up, not release into the room. Can you post a picture of what you see, please? I want to be sure I understand what you are describing.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi, it's difficult to see in the picture but you can see the hole in the bottom of the oven where the gas nozzles are, through that hole it straight out the back of the oven so you could effectively put your hand through to the outside behind the gas nozzle. Surely the heat wouldn't then be contained within the oven as when the door is shut the heat can escape out the back?