Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I purchased a Hotpoint-Ariston KRB 640 C hob in June this

Customer Question

I purchased a Hotpoint-Ariston KRB 640 C hob in June this year. The problem is the slow reaction of the plates. A previous hob reacted immediately to manual increase or decrease in temperature. This hob takes minutes to warm up and then minutes to react when I want to reduce the temperature. At whatever temperature, it seems that even if the ring is hot but not lit and I want to reduce the temperature it lights up for several seconds (thereby increasing the heat, just at the moment when I want it to decrease) before cutting out and allowing the temperature to reduce.
We've lived with this for several months but now it is becoming extremely frustrating. I need to be present all the time to monitor the temperatures to ensure that cooking is not
over-fast or too slow.
I choose induction for economy and speed of reaction to reduce electricity wastage. This hob seems to waste a lot of energy.
What are your suggestions? Can I change it for another more efficient model?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The issue you are having is caused by the electronics in the unit. It takes a few seconds for the controls to respond to programming and the ceramic glass will hold heat for a long time. If you want precise control over the heat, I would recommend you invest in an induction model.