Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a flavel aspen duel oven cooker and the convencinal

Customer Question

I have a flavel aspen duel oven cooker and the convencinal oven and clock have stopped working but the fan oven and grill are ok can you please help
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Can you post the model number please.

Also that electrical thing you have found burnt out does it have 2 wires going to it?

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Flavel aspen 100, the little round thing isn't burnt out the insulation on the spade connectors are, and yes it does have two wires, also the oven insulation like rock wool also has scorch marks where the silver tube comes out of the oven, is this a concern?
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Ok that part you see is the thermal cut out safety stat which if this has failed it will cause the fault you have here.

If you have a multi meter you can test the thermal cut out for continuity and if faulty then it will need to be replaced.

But if the wires have burnt as well then you will need to retag them. On some thermal cut outs they come with new wires for that reason as they can burn the wires.

So replace the thermal cut out and repair the wires and that should cure this fault from there.

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will this sort out the clock and timer too?
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Yes as the thermal cut is the feed to the timer and oven switch.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you I will have a go at replacing the parts you mention
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

No worries, Im sure that will sort it from there.