Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Have just switched on my hot point wmd960 ultima and the

Customer Question

Have just switched on my hot point wmd960 ultima and the display panel is red with no information on it. The machine appears to work ok but I cannot see what programme or temperature that it is set at so am unable to use it. Help please c
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 11 months ago.

Hi

If the washer still works ok but the display isn't showing anything other then glowing red then its going to be the front display board at fault here.

What you can try first here is remove the top of the washer and from there you will see the wiring harness going to the front display board, Remove this and refit it a few times and then plug it back in and see if it comes back on.

If it doesn't then the display board on the front will need to be replaced On these its a straight forward swap over as they come ready to fit so replace this and that should cure the fault from there.

Regards