Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

We have a beko upright fridge freezer, it's about 5 years

Customer Question

We have a beko upright fridge freezer, it's about 5 years old. Recently we have had a recurring problem, we noticed that the freezer was starting to defrost, a friend of mine advised me to remove the rear cover plate inside the freezer section and of course making sure that I had switched off, he told me to do a defrost using a hair dryer. This worked fine and everything was OK for about 1 month, then it went again and tonight I had to do another defrost via the hairdryer. It starts up again just fine, but we only get a matter of weeks before it will go again. Could it be that it is building up too much ice around the metal grills inside and that's taking about 3-4 weeks, could this be the problem.? Kind Regards ***** *****
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! There is a component in the defrost circuit that is not working. Do you have a meter to perform any testing with?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kelly no I don't have any testing equipment, Joiner by trade.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Without testing, any part replacement would be a guess. The heater is the most likely to have failed. It is behind the rear wall in the freezer section and at the bottom of the aluminum evaporator coil. Often times, when they fail they will show visible signs of damage.