Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

We have a Teknic SE6TIE2GB/42 dishwasher that has stopped

Customer Question

We have a Teknic SE6TIE2GB/42 dishwasher that has stopped being as efficient as it used to be. The wash cycle is taking over 3 hours. Some of the pots don't seem clean and the knives are still smeared with butter. I have run some cleaners but these don't make any difference. I cleaned out all the filters at the bottom and scrubbed the bottom of the inside because it looked greasy. I'm not sure if I should replace the thermostat or the entire heating assembly. Is there a possibility that this would fix the problem or is there anything else that I should look at? Many thanks in advance
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Does the washer seem to get hot during the wash cycle and is it drying at the end?

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is difficult to tell if the wash is warm, certainly doesn't seem to be running the final hot rinse. The pots certainly don't seem to be as hot as they used to beRick
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Ok that's fine. From the fault you describe its a heating issue here as if it isn't getting hot then the cycle runs for longer then it should and doesn't wash correctly and dry.

2 things can cause this either the main control board or the heater unit. To be honest most of the time its the control board that causes this as this dishwasher is actually made by Bosch and badged up Teknic so there control boards do fail quite a lot.

What you need to do first if you can is remove the outer wooden door panel and then remove the plastic control panel and take out the control board and open the plastic casing.

From there inspect the board and see if theres any signs of burning on there as the heater relay likes to give a dry joint so you could try a bit of soldering on there.

As to the thermostat this comes as part of the heater element so if that was the fault then the heater would need to be replaced which is a complete nightmare of a job as the metal tank needs to be removed to access it underneath.

So check the control board first if you can and see what you find from there.

Regards