Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I get a code from my thumble dryer that says E50, and when i

Customer Question

Hi, I get a code from my thumble dryer that says E50, and when i press and hold start/pause and bitten number two on the left another code came up which is E54. I have AEG Electrolux Lavatherm 57849
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi

E54 error code is a motor related fault.

This can be either the load was to full the last time you used it. But this is usually a one off code as when you empty it this clears the code and works again. Also im not saying you overloaded it its just part of the service manual that states this.

Or the voltage is to low to the motor or the motor itself is faulty.

So basically this is usually either the motor itself or the control board that causes this.

What you need to do is remove the top and the right hand side panel and you will see the motor at the bottom there.

Check the wiring there. If that's fine then you need to test the motor with a multi meter. You will see 3 tags on the motor. You need to test between all 3 and you should get a reading between them all. If you don't then the motor is the fault.

But if the motor is fine then im afraid the control board itself will be the cause and will need to be replaced to cure this.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Regards