Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My hoover dishwasher doesn't complete the drying cycle, it

Customer Question

My hoover dishwasher doesn't complete the drying cycle, it seems to have been fine until a recent power cut. When it has finished all the lights are on but the last drying one. The dishes are wet and have bits on them. I have refilled the salt, cleaned the arms and filters and filled the rinse aid
Category: UK Appliance
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The model is HED 120 B/1-80
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The power interruption may have caused a disturbance in the electronics. Turn the power off at the mains for at least 4 hours. Does the behavior change when plugged back in?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Have done as you suggested above and put the machine on a full cycle. It is now beeping with the first three lights flashing. The lights then went solid red and the drying light is not on. Thank you
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

I suspect the problem lies within the heating circuit. How many flashes between pauses when the lights flashed?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
That is what I am thinking as we have a dishwasher cleaner in there and it isn't coming out. I'm not sure how many flashes between pauses as it was earlier. Is it generally expensive to fix the heating circuit? I suspected that as it wasn't feeling warm as it does normally on the door
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Yes, the electronic control board is likely at fault, that is the most common to fail.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your help.
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

You bet, thank you!