Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Jon my cycling pump is ceased on my miele G2582SCVi -is it

Customer Question

Jon my cycling pump is ceased on my miele G2582SCVi -is it difficult to open the housing, as I cannot get a fork into the inlet opening to rock the impeller.
Category: UK Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does the back plate have to be removed?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jon I removed the cycling pump and it is not ceased. I assembled and installed it and ran a wash cycle. Same problem - after filling, spray arms rotate for about 15 seconds, then stop, and the machine pumps out. Alarm beeps, six lights are flashing and F78 is displayed.
Expert:  Kelly replied 12 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! That error means the controller detects a problem with the wash motor. Since it runs for 15 seconds, I suspect the main electronic control may be faulty. Is the motor noisy when it does run? See the attached page.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Hi Kelly, The motor sounds normal. Is the PCB board expensive, and can it be accessed from the front?
Expert:  Kelly replied 12 months ago.

The PC board is expensive and is accessed from the front. It is located in between the door panels. However, I would suggest checking the wiring between the motor and controller before orderi9ng any parts.