Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Tumble dryer not drying
, machine runs but does not dry

Customer Question

Customer: tumble dryer not drying
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: machine runs but does not dry the clothes
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to UK Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: will get back to you as I am going out in five mins
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Can you post the make and model number of your dryer please.

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi it's Hotpoint Aquarius TCM580P
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Ok if the dryer runs but isn't getting hot then its more then likely either the heater or thermostats at fault here.

To check you need to remove the buldge cover on the back of the dryer and remove the heater.

On the heater are 2 thermostats. Check them with a multi meter if you have one and see if faulty.

If no meter then remove the thermostats one at a time and give it a shake. If it rattles then its fine but if not then its faulty.

If faulty look in the centre of the thermostat and see if theres a small hole in there. If so get a pin and push in there and push down and if it clicks then its reset.

But not sure if you know or have had it done but Hotpoint are having a recall on these dryers and yours will be one of them. If you want you can give them a bell as they will need to call out and do the repair. But they will also have to leave the dryer in working order once done so they will actually fix it as well. I know a few Hotpoint engineers and they have seen a lot were they do the recall fix but also repair other faults. So don't tell the call centre when you ring. Just tell the engineer when they call as they will sort that out as well.

But if you want to get the heater side working first then do the above and check the thermostat and see if faulty and see how it goes.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Daniel, will ring Hotpoint and see what response from them. If I need to get back in touch with you how can this be done?
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

No worries. As I said don't say about the heater to them. Just tell the engineer when he comes.

As to getting back to me that's not a problem. You will have an email with a link back here so you can come back to me anytime.

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cheers
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Your very welcome.