Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

We have an indesit dif04 dishwasher that is tripping the

Customer Question

Hi we have an indesit dif04 dishwasher that is tripping the electric. I was messing in the house and turned the water off for a while not realising the dishwasher was on. Now it trips the electricity when it gets to the second cycle of the dishwashing after the first rinse. After I reset the machine I can empty the dishwasher so pump is working. Any ideas?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 12 months ago.

Hi

If the dishwasher is tripping the electrics out then it's possibley the heater here.

What you need to do is pull the dishwasher out and lie it on its left hand side and from there you need to remove the bottom base cover.

From there you will see the heater attached to the front of the motor. You need to disconnect the wiring block on there and secure it.

Then set it going on a wash and see if it goes though without tripping out. If it does then you know it's the heater at fault and you can replace it from there.

Try that and see what you find and let me know.

Regards

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Hi Dan,I'm going to try your suggestion tonight. I'll let you know. Thanks

No worries that's fine.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi Dan disconnected the heater and it starts the cycle but as soon as it gets to the first hearing stage the power button and lights 1&3 flash and it goes no further. Does this mean something else?