Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I'm having dishwasher issues, pump runs continually as soon

Customer Question

I'm having dishwasher issues, pump runs continually as soon as the door is closed without needing to push the go button ? Plus is there supposed to be water sitting in the cavity where the filter comes out of ? Or is it supposed to empty all the water when it's finished a cycle
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi

If the pump is running all the time as soon as you close the door and without starting it then what the fault is here will be water has leaked into the base of the dishwasher and as activated the flood switch in there.

What you need to do is pull the dishwasher out and lie it on its back and the water will drain out from the base there so you will need a towel for that part.

Then stand it upright and now the flood switch will have reset itself so the dishwasher will work as normal from there.

So see how it goes and fingers crossed its just a one off overfill that caused this. But if it happens again then there is a leak under there which you need to find and fix from there.

As the water you see under the filter then yes theres always water left under there once its finished as the dishwasher doesn't fully clear the water as I leaves some n the sump bowl to keep the pump and motor prime so that's normal there.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Regards