Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My machine was in a 40 cycle wash, mid wash I heard a

Customer Question

My machine was in a 40 cycle wash, mid wash I heard a buzzing sound and the rinse and wash and start buttons are flashing. The machine sounds like it is about to spin but it's appears stuck.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Can you post the make and model number please.

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Siemens SI 12.14 totalTextile management
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Thanks. If you select just a spin cycle do you hear the drain pump at the bottom running?

If not then if you listen carefully at the bottom do you hear a slight humming noise from it?

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's sounds like it's about to spin but stuck on the spjn button. I have selected the spin button and part way through it buzzes again. In cannot hear the pump draining . Many thanks
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Ok this may be a blocked drain pump. What you need to do is if built in you need to remove the wooden kick board at the bottom of the kitchen.

Then you may see a plastic cover at the bottom of the washer. If so remove this and there you should see the filter.

If this I full of water then get a shallow tray under there and slacken the filter and slowly drain the water out.

Once the water is out then fully remove the filter and give this a good clean out. Then look inside the camber were the filter goes and at the back in there is the pump impeller. Check there isn't anything stuck in there jamming it up.

Once that's all clear refit the filter and retry the washer and see how it goes from there.

Finger crossed this sorts it. Let me know how it goes.

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately my machine is still not working therefore I have contacted Siemens direct who are coming out to look at the machine. Please deduct £3 and not £11 from my paypal account. Regards
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

That's something you need to speak to customer services about as I don't have anything to do with the money side I just answer the questions.

Email customer services from your home page and they will issue you a refund if you have paid a deposit.

Regards