Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My Beko dishwasher has stopped working Neil

Customer Question

My Beko dishwasher has stopped working
Category: UK Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It starts a cycle on any setting and after a couple of minutes and a little water getting in it stops, if I press and hold the start button it pumps out. It is a beko dsfn 1530 s and is 2 years old
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi

When it stops do you hear any humming noise coming from the bottom of the dishwasher?

Also if you leave it what actually happens will it drain out itself in the end?

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It runs through its programme for a minute or 2, starts filling with water and then stops. theres no humming but there is a knocking sound. If i press and hold the start button the unit then drains the small amount of water out
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Ok if it fills and then stops and you hear a knocking noise then its possibley the wash motor as that's when it should kick in to spray the water around the appliance.

So if this fails you can get this fault. What you need to do if fixing this yourself is pull the dishwasher out and lie it on its back but make sure it has drained the water out first.

Then remove the bottom base cover and there you will see the wash motor.

Remove the hoses and check there isn't anything blocked in there as sometimes glass can get in there and jam it up.

Also make sure the impeller in there can turn as well as if it is stiff to turn then the wash motor will need to be replaced.

Retry it and see how it goes from there. But if still the same and the motor isn't kicking in but its making the knocking noise then its more then likely the motor itself that will need to be replaced im afraid.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Daniel, I will give that a go and let you know
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

No worries that's fine.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I went through the steps and the motor was turning freely. I out it all back together and the situation is the same but no knocking now. A broken motor wouldn't knock in the first place tho. Anymore ideas ?
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

I faulty motor can actually knock as they are a magnetic motor so if its faulty and trying to start the impeller pluses and can actually cause a knocking noise.

But if that's clear then once its filled with water if you listen very carefully at the bottom can you hear a slight humming noise from there?

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no humming noise, it just stops
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Ok if you open the door how much water is inside the dishwasher?

Is the water level quite high in there?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just a big puddle in the bottom
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Is it quite a bit above the filter or does it just cover it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It more than covers it
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Ok try this and see what you find.

Pull the dishwasher out and remove the left hand side panel. There you will see a flow meter at the back in a hose between the fill hose and the water tank.

Remove this and blow hard through it as sometimes the wheel in there sticks. As the flow sensor sends a signal back to the control board. If this sticks then the control board doesn't think its filling so can then cause it to stop.

Try that and see what you find and let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm out at the moment so will do it I babe morning, what do in do when I get to the flow meter ?
Cheers
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Sorry not sure what you mean by the above

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Didn't mean to say babe, I was saying I'm out at the moment and will look again in the morning. When I see the flow meter what shall I do with it ?
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

ha ha don't worry I got that part it was the last part I didn't understand.

When you get the flow meter out you need to just blow hard threw it as this spins the little wheel in there and can clear any debris out of there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok mate, I'll try that in the morning and let out know what happens
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

No worries

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Morning, I blew through the flow meter and then tried again with the same result. The water is just above the filter ??
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Ok im going to opt out of the question now as its going to be hard to give an answer on online without being there and seeing what its doing.

But if another expert can think of something else they will jump in.

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I engage someone else ?