Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

There's a sickly sweet rotting smell in our kitchen and I

Customer Question

Hello - there's a sickly sweet rotting smell in our kitchen and I think it's coming from the back of our Siemens fridge which we recently purchased from a colleague. They had bought a house with another fridge, so this one had been unused for a few months. Could I be right that his horrible smell, which is getting worse is coming from the back of the fridge and how can I fix it?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! There is a strong likelihood that a rodent has expired in the mechanical section of your refrigerator. They like to nest there for the warmth. Are you able to pull the appliance out for inspection?

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?