Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Electrolux icon vent door above microwave keeps opening and

Customer Question

Electrolux icon vent door above microwave keeps opening and closing. Mechanism will not shut off.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! I am not sure if your vent flap is electric or not, but I suspect the issue may be with the cap if it is vented outside. Does it vent to the outside?

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Hi Kelly - time to resume correspondence. The unit is not vented outside. It has a long horizontal flap above the microwave that opens to vent into the kitchen when the fan is engaged. It is hinged at the 2 bottom corners and the top folds open. It is about 4" high and as wide as the microwave, 30". If you can't picture it I will try to figure out how to send you a photo. The problem is that it will not stop opening and closing unless I unplug it. It is malfunctioning. It is Electrolux Icon model# ***** Before I pay for a repairman, I am wondering if there is a reset option to try.
Expert:  Kelly replied 12 months ago.

I have attached a link to the parts manual for your machine. Can you tell which part you are referring to, please? The vent is at the very top of the microwave in the back and is not very big at all.

CLICK HERE