Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

We have a Smeg SUK62MFX5. Ten years old but only used

Customer Question

Customer: Hi, we have a Smeg SUK62MFX5. Ten years old but only used infrequently as we have oil fired cooker. Bottom oven and Clock not working. I removed front panel and clock and it appears there is no power getting to clock! Any ideas?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: There is power to top oven and gas igniters but no clock or bottom oven. Thats all I know. My name is ***** ***** the way
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to UK Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Do you mean $18 or £18? Happy to wait. Where are you?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The lower oven is tied in with the clock so we need to get the clock working. Is the clock totally dead? Can you trace the power back from it to find out where it is dropping?