Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have an F2 error code on a Maytag Dryer Model MTD07SCFBC.

Customer Question

I have an F2 error code on a Maytag Dryer Model MTD07SCFBC. Do you know how to fix this?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Unplug the appliance for at least 2 hours to reset the electronics. Does the behavior change when plugged back in? Will it start?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, the dryer starts without problems that wasn't the fault. The issues is that it doesn't stop, it is an intellisence dryer which should stop automatically when the clothes are dry. This isn't happening and when it does stop (after about 3 hours) it displays the F2 error code on the display. I have tried turning it off and leaving it off for 2 hours and then plugging it back in but this didn't fix anything. We still get the same error.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Inside the dryer are two metal strips that sense the moisture in the clothes. The clothing passes over the strips and create an electrical path with the moisture in them. The metal strips sense the resistance in that electrical path and send that resistance reading to the control. The control then reads the resistance reading, interprets the resistance and from that reading determines how long the dryer needs to run. The less moisture in the clothing, the higher the resistance. The problem is that over time, detergent and softener residue builds up on the metal sensor strips and creates an insulating barrier between the strips and the clothing. Since the strips cannot sense the moisture in the clothing because of this barrier, it sends a high resistance reading to the control. Can you clean those strips with sand paper or scouring pad and see if it changes?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi strips cleaned and nothing changes. Do you have any other suggestions?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Does it shut off fine in a timed cycle setting?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it does.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. The control board for the sensor cycle will need to be replaced.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Any idea what the part no is so I can order one?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

I cannot find your model exactly and I would hate to give you misinformation. The link below is to a Maytag parts outlet that will be able to locate your exact model for the correct part information.

CLICK HERE