Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have the exact same problem as below. Before I follow the

Customer Question

Customer: I have the exact same problem as below. Before I follow the thread of these ways of trying to sort the problem my machine is a ZWF 16070W1. Do you need a more specific model number than that? I have a Zanussi Essential 1600 6kg washing machine.Last night I put a load on a delayed timer setting and this morning I came down and the start/delay button was flashing and the load still had water in.I switched off the power and waited for 2 mins before switching back on. The start/delay button still flashed and I could not get the machine to work.I have since emptied the drum of all water and checked the waste water discharge for blockages, which there were none.I then put the power back on but nothing had changed i.e. the start/delay button was still flashing no matter what setting I selected.I wondered if there was a reset button that needed to be activated?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It is exactly as above put machine on delay last night to come on this morning. Machine is full of wet washing looks like it has done its first wash but nothing beyond that. The start button is flashing green and door is no longer locked. I have drained the machine cleaned out the filter at the bottom, which was blocked, and reset the machine to start. It just flashes green but does nothing else. Have tried unplugging it waiting (while I drained it) and plugging back in and settting the programme again still just flashes green but does not lock the door or start. We have tried it on a range of setting i.e. rinse, cold different 40 wash but just flashes green and nothing else happens door does not even lock
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to UK Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes I.ll wait
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK payment done
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The issue is that the pump cannot discharge the water. If you have cleared all of the lines and the pump filter, the drain pump is likely faulty. Do you hear it humming or buzzing, trying to drain?