Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a Samsung RS21 which is not getting water to the ice

Customer Question

I have a Samsung RS21 which is not getting water to the ice maker,I have replaced the motor attached to the ice tray and also the water pump at the rear, the cold water dispenser is fine and there are no fault codes on the front panel any ideas?.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! I suspect the water line may be frozen to the ice maker. If you remove the ice maker water line from the valve and blow through it, does air easily pass?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the line that runs from the water pump upto the ice maker inlet is on the outside of the f/f so couldn't get frozen but I have blown through it and I can also see through the pipe that runs through the rear of the freezer, when prompted it shows a fault code I/M FUNCTION ERROR.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

They freeze right at the ice maker where it fills. Can you manually fill the ice maker and see if it will dump the cubes, please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The pipe is free of ice as I can blow through it I can also see through the metal pipe that comes through the rear of the f/f after I remove the rubber section, I have filled the tray with water twice but nothing happens after it has frozen I have pushed the reset button but nothing happens?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

You either do not have power to the ice maker or it is faulty.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I push the lever for ice the screw turns so it has power to that and it's obvious the ice maker has a fault that is why I'm messaging you, do you get paid for stringing these answers out as you haven't mentioned what the fault code means and I have replaced the whole ice making unit with a new one.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Someone else can help you after your rude remarks, good luck. As far as the error code, what it means...really??? The ice maker is not working.....take care.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will look to pay with my hard earned money a professional who knows what they are talking about!. Look at my descriptions and your answers i.e. I can blow through the pipes and see through the one that comes through the rear above the ice maker, your answer is they freeze right at the ice maker where it fills!!!!! I think you may be an amateur or out of your depth I'll seek a professional.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Your reply to me was that the line was out of the cabinet where it could not freeze. I was explaining to you why I had you check the line, not that it may still be frozen even though you can blow through it. I am not sure why you are so rude to someone that was helping you, especially for the very small amount that you offered to pay. You notice nobody else answered, right? Your offer is less than half of most questions. Do you think the auger is the ice maker? When you press the paddle and the auger moved, does that verify the ice maker has power? I do wish you the best of luck finding someone to work on your refrigerator. I would suggest you be respectful to them, though, or you may run out of options.