Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a Samsung SR-S2028CSS. The flap on the ice dispenser

Customer Question

I have a Samsung SR-S2028CSS. The flap on the ice dispenser is stuck open, which causes the duct to freeze up.
Could you tell me how to strip the front cover off the freezer door so I can remove the unit and inspect it? What is likely to cause it to stick? Should the flap be able to be closed with the fridge turned off and fully defrosted?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! I cannot find that exact model's service information but most of that series has two small slots at the bottom of the front dispenser panel. If yours has those slots, you can slip a small flat screwdriver in the slot and twist to remove the dispenser panel.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mine does not have the 2 slots!
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Can you post a picture of the dispenser front, please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, here is a pic of the front of the fridge and the serial number. There is just 1 small slot in the centre of the facia in the middle.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

If you look under the dispenser control, do you see one small screw more toward the right side?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nope, it's all tidy and squared away! Please see the picture!
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry, I am unable to locate any information on the model. I will place your question back to the list for others to see in case another may know.