Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have an 149 Odyssey but the lights 't work properly, I

Customer Question

I have an 149 Odyssey but the lights don't work properly, I cannot put ordinary lamps in they don'e work at all at the moment I have one (1) LED in which will work but ordinary lamps just don't work!?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If the unit is set up for LED bulbs, you won't be able to use regular bulbs. There may also be a power supply issue. Can you provide the complete model number, please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kelly - It simply says Flamerite Model No: 149 Odyssey
It's actually set up for ordinary lamps (3x40-60w) but they don't work at all, they suddenly stopped working, I have tried them singly and all together still don't work. The bulbs are fine I have tried them elsewhere.
The only thing which works is an 'led' but...if I put any other bulb in with the 'led' none work at all so as things stand I can only use a single 'led' no other combination works!
Everything else works perfectly!
I have been thinking of bypassing the 'dimmer' knob on the fire as we never use it, what do you think!?
I am away for a few of days so may not get back to you immediately
Thanks Charles
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Are you able to measure the voltage at the bulb sockets, once with the LED bulb in place and then with the bulb removed? It sounds like the voltage is low. LED bulbs require less energy to run so that would explain why one LED will work while other standard bulbs do not.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No sorry not able to do that...
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

I suspect that is where the trouble lies. You will need to call for service.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the easy answer, for me, is to bypass the dimmer control?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Maybe, but without verifying the voltage, I cannot tell you for certain. You may have trouble beyond or before the dimmer.