Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a whirlpool adg 7550 which has gone a bit wrong! When

Customer Question

Hi, I have a whirlpool adg 7550 which has gone a bit wrong! When I start it in the normal way, it seems to begin for about 10 seconds and then stops. When I opened to check for flashing lights as recommended in other threads, there were none, the normal lights were lit up as if it were still working. I have tried each of the washes now with the same results and have turned off completely at the mains but no joy. Any ideas?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Lets try a test cycle and see what happens on there.

Turn the dishwasher on and reset it by holding the start button for a few seconds.

Then select the rinse cycle which is the first on the left.

Turn off the dishwasher.

Press and hold the start button and turn the dishwasher on.

Keep the start button held in till the start light flashes then let go.

Now press the start button once and close the door.

Now it will run a 12 minute test cycle and if it goes wrong it will drain out and beep.

Open the door and then count the number of flashes from the start light in between the pause and let me know.

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did that and started again but finished after a few seconds. The start is flashing constantly though, no pause. There is also cold water at the bottom of the machine
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Ok if its just flashing constantly without a pause then its a control board fault im afraid.

As if it was anything else you will get it flashing a certain number of times say 4 times for a draining fault, 3 times for a heating fault, 6 and 7 times for filling faults.

So as you don't get any of these then it can only be the control board at fault im afraid that's causing this. But im afraid Whirlpool spares are very expensive.

But if its flashing with no pause im afraid this is usually down to a faulty control board im afraid.

Regards