Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Having problems with a Miele W 3251. The soak light flashes

Customer Question

Having problems with a Miele W 3251. The soak light flashes and the display blanks out ( ---).
Category: UK Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Doesnt matter what program i run, drum doesn't seem to rotate either. If I run empty/centrifuge it empties the washer but then the soak light starts to flash,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, did a typo. Its a Miele W3241 nothing else.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The erratic display is indicative of a failing electronic control. Unplug the machine for a few hours. Any change when plugged back in? Have you noticed any water leakage?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, no water leakage. Haven´t had it unplugged for more than ~one hour, but it's still the same.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I start any program it fills water as normal, the soak lights then starts when the drum should start to rotate (which it doesn't). Could it be the motor brushes?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Yes, the motor brushes could cause that issue. Usually the display would not blank out but if they are very worn, it could cause some strange things to happen.