Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

We have a 1Q touch front load electric dryer and when we

Customer Question

We have a 1Q touch front load electric dryer and when we push the start button the dryer does not start and the pause light comes on
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! I suspect you either have a door switch failure or the electronic control has issues. Unplug for at least 4 hours to reset. Make sure the door switch clicks heavily when pushed in and out. Let me kwow what happens, please.

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Model no. EIED55HMBO. Thank you
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Thank you!

Unplug for at least 4 hours to reset. Make sure the door switch clicks heavily when pushed in and out. Let me know what happens, please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We tried that and it still does not work. There is power and it sounds like it is going to start but it doesn't. It clicks to pause and blinks
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Does it hum/buzz/growl and then click off?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's a humming sound
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. The motor is what is humming and the excessive current draw from it not being able to turn is why it clicks off. The motor will likely need to be replaced.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh no. That sounds costly
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

It is a little pricey but if you replace it yourself, not too bad. The part is available below. There is also a video at that link that shows exactly how to replace it!

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the help. Will be in touch
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Than you!