Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

The P button on my hotpoint dishwasher is not responding to

Customer Question

The P button on my hotpoint dishwasher is not responding to touch even although one light is flashing.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Can you post the model number please.

Also which light is it that's flashing?

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Model BF1620 4th button left of P is flashing. Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Ok if you have that light flashing then this is the error code for a water leak in the base.

What you need to do on this is pull the dishwasher out from under the unit.

Then lean it 45 degs backwards and this will allow the water to drain out from the base so you may need a towel for that part.

Once the water has drained out the flood switch in there will reset itself and will stop that light from flashing.

Then you need to restart the dishwasher and see how it goes from there. Fingers crossed its a one off over fill that caused it. But if it happens again then theres a leak under there which you need to find and fix to cure it.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Live phone call please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for now.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Did you get sorted as I was helping you on this until you requested another expert for phone help?

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry Daniel crossed wires - I actually thought I'd get you on the phone .... Anyway many thanks for your instructions and as soon as i can locate a strong man at this end we will follow your advice to the letter. The machine is integrated, so need someone to help me move skirting boards etc, Many thanks for now
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

No worries that's fine.

Hopefully you get it sorted but if you need anymore info just get back to me.

Regars

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
At last have located a person to follow your instructions re tipping the dishwasher to 45deg -unfortunately this information hasn't worked - still have a non working dishwasher.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Ok are you still getting the first light flashing?

If you reset it and start a new cycle how long does it take till the light starts to flash again?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Immediately I restart the machine the light is flashing.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Ok if theres no water in the base then you need to check the flood switch as the 1st light flashing is the error code for the flood switch being activated.

If you still have the dishwasher out you need to lie it on its back and remove the base tray.

There you will see a ploystrine float sitting in the base that activates a microswitch.

Check this and make sure it isn't stuck and the wiring to the switch is fine.

If that's all ok and its still doing the same then its more then likely a faulty control board here that would need to be replaced.

But check the flood switch first if you can and see what you find.

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK thanks for that -it will take a day or two for this to happen - need to locate my willing helper again to put your advice into action. Will keep you posted though. - Many thanks. Vida.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

No worries that's fine.