Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a beko dishwasher machine. My drain pump works when

Customer Question

I have a beko dishwasher machine. My drain pump works when forced (by holding down start button) but is also humming and the machine does not start the cycle. I've checked the drain pump (as you'd recommended to someone else on here) and there is no obvious block in it. I don't want to buy a replacement drain pump if it's actually something else I need? Hanks.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi

When you start the dishwasher do you hear the humming straight away?

If not then does water enter first then then you hear the humming?

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** first, and then it just stops cycle. I then have to empty it by holding down the start button.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Ok so if the water enters and then it stops and you hear the humming noise then its more then likely the wash motor at fault here.

As the drain pump only comes on after the wash and at the end so this wont happen for around 30 mins or so depending on the cycle you use. Plus if you reset it and it drains out then the pump is fine so theres no point replacing this as that wont make a difference at all.

What you need to do on this is pull the dishwasher out and lie it on its back and remove the base cover.

There you will see the wash motor. Remove the hose going to this and check theres nothing caught up in there and then see if the impeller on the motor is able to turn as if its stiff then its faulty and will need to be replaced.

But to be honest if theres nothing caught up in there then its more then likely going to be needed to be replaced any away.

So check that and see what you find and let me know.

Regards