Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a zanussi zde47100w tumble dryer. The filter light

Customer Question

Hi, I have a zanussi zde47100w tumble dryer. The filter light comes on and won't allow me to start the machine. I have cleaned the filter and the exhaust outlet but still no use. I have done the error code thing and I get the following sequence of lights
Red, green
4xred
1xorange
3xred
2xgreen
Then it seems to go to a disco party of it's own and I can't keep up.
Any ideas please. The machine is about approx 5 yrs old. Thanks
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The filter light is actuated by a sensor that monitors the exhaust temperature. If it detects that the temperature is too high, it assumes there is a lack of air flow, usually related to a plugged filter. If you have cleaned the filter, either there is a blockage elsewhere in the dryer, the sensor is faulty or the electronic control module has failed. Are you able to disassemble the machine to clean out the cabinet interior?