Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My Samsung wd-j1255c washing machine keeps coming up with

Customer Question

Hi, my Samsung wd-j1255c washing machine keeps coming up with error code 5e. I have attempted to take out the filter to clean and check for debris, however the filter will not come out. When I unscrew the cap, the cap just comes out and leaves the filter behind. Please help!
Category: UK Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, I managed to get the filter out finally and there were pieces of plastic in there, not sure if maybe these came off the filter and this is why the machine is not draining.
Ran it through the cycle again, checked to make sure the pump is spinning and all ok, but it's still not draining. Have taken off the hose at the back and ran water through but all clear. Is there any other reason as to why it may not be draining?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The plastic bits are probably part of the impeller in the pump. If the drain path is clear, the pump will need to be replaced. You may also want to check the tub outlet to make sure nothing is blocking the water there. Let me know what you find.