Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a 2008 Aga legacy electric range (six burner) with

Customer Question

I have a 2008 Aga legacy electric range (six burner) with one convection oven and one regular oven. The fan for each over recently began making the occasional squeaking noise. The non convection side stopped heating to the desired temperature and won't get above 250 degrees F. This morning, while cooking, the convection side was set to 450 and again only got to about 275 degrees. Is this the fans, the heating elements, or some combination of both?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! It is likely a fan issue. If the fan is not moving air, the heat will get to the sensor quickly and cycle off prematurely. Do you hear the fan running at all?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
both fans began making uncharacteristic stealing type noises. In the aga 44 legacy there are 2 2500W fan elements, which may be a single component for replacement. Can I replace the fans only?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

I believe they may available as an assembly only but will need to verify that. Are the fans running, can you tell?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the left (convection side) fan has the occasional squeak as though it is sort-of spinning. The right side fan element is dead. I can still use the left side but the temperature regulation is poor and the oven won't break 350 F. You have confirmed my suspicions regarding the issue. Do you by chance know the AGA Part number for the ALEG 44 DF 2500W fan element?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

There is no lookup for that model, you will need to phone them for that part. The number for Aga parts distributor is below.

1-***-***-****