Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My indesit washing machine turned on ok but all the lights

Customer Question

My indesit washing machine turned on ok but all the lights are now flashing and I can't start it or turn it off unless it's unplugged
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Can you post the model number please.

Also is it every light that's flashing?

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi it's WIXL163 and yes all the lights
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Thanks for that. Now im afraid this isn't good news here. If you have all the lights flashing then this is the main control board at the back at the bottom at fault here.

Ive replaced loads of them in the past for this fault.

But if you are handy with a soldering iron then you can actually repair this. Remove the control board at the back and open the plastic casing.

From there locate C17 capacitor on the board and you will see this has swollen on top. You need to replace that capacitor and this will cure the fault from there for you.

But if you are not able to do this then to be honest its not worth fixing as for a control board replacement you need to get Indesit in as the boards are sold blank so have to be programmed up with the indesit laptop.

Sorry its not good news but if you need anymore info just get back to me.

Regards