Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My Bosch exxcel dishwasher "check water" light is on and it

Customer Question

Hi my Bosch exxcel dishwasher "check water" light is on and it won't finish a cycle. It comes up with an error code at first "E8" and then "C3". Anything I can do before calling out a technician?
Thanks Chris
Category: UK Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The number is
SRS45E46GB/01
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  H3ath3r28 replied 1 year ago.

The E8 fault is generated when the internal switch on the alternating valve fails to register that the diverter valve has switched over. It may be that the disc inside your valve isn't moving completetly over or the switch isn't working. The feedback from this device is to the main pcb, therefore there are only three parts involved, the pcb, the diverter valve and the wiring. It is possible to test the valve using a multimeter to confirm it is indeed switching properly.

C3 code means the drain sensor is not functioning

If you could take the time and use the STAR RATING CHART at the top of your page to give me at least a 3 star rating, then I will receive credit for helping you. Also feel free to post back if you need more help, thanks!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Right so in English how do I go about fixing this???!
Expert:  H3ath3r28 replied 1 year ago.

send model number please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think It's the one I mentioned before
The number is
SRS45E46GB/01
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The tech sheet for that model is attached. Can you invoke the service mode to retrieve the error codes following the instructions, please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the reply kelly. I didn't hear back from H3ath3r28 so had a technition come round yesterday and dishwasher is now fixed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have also noted that £3 and a further £8 has been taken from my account. Having not received a response for 3 days I had no choice but to call out an engineer to fix the problem. I do not expect to pay all this as I am not satisfied with the answer given nor the time taken to respond.
I have used your service before and always been satisfied. However on this occasion was not.
Hopefully next time