Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have an AEG Favorit dishwasher. It also constantly beeps

Customer Question

I have an AEG Favorit dishwasher. It also constantly beeps now about 20 mins into the cycle. The digital display inside the door is 60 possibly a fault code.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi

.60 is indeed a fault code on this. If its showing the .60 code then this is a heating related error code. But the bad news is its always down to a faulty control board im afraid. Theres a heater relay on there which fails and burns and when it happens it causes the .60 error code.

Im afraid to cure this the main control board will need to be replaced here and that will sort it from there.

Ive seen this fault a lot on these dishwashers and its always down to a faulty control board here im afraid.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if I can get a replacement main control board I can refit it easily. I am an engineer on aircraft so it should not be tricky....?
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Yes they are quite easy as its a straightforward swap over. If you can post the full product number I can get the part number for you.

The product number (pnc) will be on a sticker on the right hand side of the door as you open it and starts with a 9

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Daniel I removed the circuit board. I'll try get a board locally on Monday from a good stockist we have locally. I'll let you know if successful when I get s chance yo install it on Mon evening. Thanks for advice so far. Derek
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Our local stockist doesn't have the board. How much is it if I source from you? Also what if it is not the fault? There is no sign of burning on the board I looked at. Please advise if you can. Rgds Derek
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Can you post the product number of the washer please then I can find the part for you.