Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Rob, I have an Elecrtrolux EDI96150W, The machine works fine

Customer Question

Hi Rob, I have an Elecrtrolux EDI96150W, The machine works fine on standard tumble dryer mode no errors, Both the drum and the fan motors work fine, However on Iron Aid mode about 5 mins in i get E50 error code, while pressing the "start/hold" and the "time" button i see E51, your earlier post indicate a triac or a motor fault this clearly is not the issue i see, unless it is the triac that drives the steam heater can you help,I suspect the machine has 2 different temperature probes and one of them is faulty? very best regards ***** *****
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi

If you have the E51 error code its nearly always a faulty control board as its a triac on there that will be faulty. As the dryer works fine in normal mode then it wont be the motor at fault.

But from what I remember on these when the iron aid is used the motor turns at a different speed so the triacs switch differently then normal so that will be why its coming up fault when iron aid is used and not when in normal mode.

The E50+ error codes have nothing to do with the steam side as that's only down to the motor circuit only.

Ive replaced loads of control boards for the E51 error code as say 9 times out of 10 its always the control board and in your case as it works in normal mode the motor will be fine so it will be the control board at fault here im afraid.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Regards