Jamie_2013
Jamie_2013, Handyman
Experience:  worked on appliances for around 6 years
76126576

Wml560p on wash cycle just fills till it overflows. Doesn't

Customer Question

wml560p on wash cycle just fills till it overflows. Doesn't start washing. The pressure switch seems to operate ok.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Jamie_2013 replied 1 year ago.

If the pressure switch is fine then the water valve is faulty and will need to be replaced.

Using the Star Rating Chart at the top of your page and rating me at least a 3 star is how I receive credit for helping you. Please if you do not understand my answer, don't hesitate to ask for more help. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
not sure about that i'm afraid. I say the pressure switch is ok as when blowing gently into it you can make the inlet flow stop and then restart by releasing the slight pressure.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've done that too. And completely disconnected from the power for a while. It does rinse and spin fine and pumps out properly.
Expert:  Jamie_2013 replied 1 year ago.

You replaced the water valve?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No i've not changes the water inlet valve - that works fine and closes when it's told to, so there isn't an open valve / leak.. The vac valve seems to operate ok too. There's no leak on the pressure side of the valve as far as i can tell by firstly blowing through the tube into the water - I put a pressure / vac gauge on it and it holds / provides about 1psi before blowing bubbles through the water. Testing the vac valve / sensor indicates it takes less than one psi to kick in.
Expert:  Jamie_2013 replied 1 year ago.

If those are fine and you are positive then the control board isnt getting signal that the unit is full and shutting it off. Therefor the control board would need to be replaced.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when you say control board do you mean the kit that resides behind the controls on the front panel or the other box of tricks that hides away at the bottom rear of the machine?
thanks,Chris
Expert:  Jamie_2013 replied 1 year ago.

The one at the bottom of the unit.