Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My diplomat dap 8322 when switched on sounds like it is

Customer Question

Hi, my diplomat dap 8322 when switched on sounds like it is working and then it starts to continually beep. Would be grateful for any advice.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! I suspect there may be an issue with the water inlet valve. At the start of the cycle, is the water entering the machine? What exactly runs initially, can you tell?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Apologies for the late response. The machine was pumping and then bleeping continuously. When I opened the machine there was water in the bottom and the start button flashed 6 times.I have left it a few days since clearing it all out. This morning I thought I would switch it on again and listen before answering your email. It was set at 40c and worked through the cycle. This is not the first time this has happened. Is there a reason the machine decides not to work, maybe it doesn't like a full load, both times I have had visitors? I do not know how old it is as it was part of the kitchen when we moved in and there is no paperwork.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

If there was water standing, the problem is likely due to drainage issues. Is the drain hose routed without any sharp bends or excess hose that may be restricting the flow. Is the connection at your home's plumbing clear of any grease or other debris?