Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I just moved in an apartment with an old Electrolux EKC60751

Customer Question

I just moved in an apartment with an old Electrolux EKC60751 oven. The display has been blinking and displaying F8. Nothing seems to work, all controls are otherwise dead, just the light in the oven works.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi

F8 is a communication problem between the main control board and the front display board.

What you need to do is remove the hob top and there you will see the control boards. From there check all the wiring blocks between each board and remove and refit a few times and then turn it back on and see if this clears the fault.

If not then it's going to be a faulty control board here which could be either of them as its a case or replacing one as there's no way of testing them.

To be honest it's usually the main board that causes this kind of fault.

But that's what F8 code is it's a communication fault between the electronic boards.

Regards