Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a hoot point F200E I defrosted it on Tuesday and my

Customer Question

I have a hoot point F200E I defrosted it on Tuesday and my freezer is working fine but my fridge is not cooling the light is working and the super cool button lights up when pressed any ideas if I can sort this thanks Val
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Can you hear the fan running inside the freezer?

Also when you defrosted it how did you do this?

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The fan is running in freezer defrost was completed by u plugging freezer and using hot water to thaw out it wasn't to badly frozen thanks
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Did you remove the back panel inside the freezer to melt the ice on the evaporator?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not while defrosting I removed the panel tonight to check there was no ice which there wasn't
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Ok if theres no ice at all around the evaporator in the freezer and the fan is running then its possibley the damper inside the fridge at fault not opening to let the cold air in. This is located behind the panel inside the freezer.

As the fridge gets its cooling from the freezer as the fan in there blows the cold air in through a vent at the back into the fridge.

But to be honest its very rare the damper fails as its usually either the fan or the vent is blocked behind the evaporator.

Just double check the evaporator again and remove the panel and look under the evaporator and below there you will see a square vent. Make sure theres no ice in there blocking the air flow.

But if thats all clear and the fan is running then the air damper inside the fridge will more then likely be the issue here.

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks I will go and see if that's the case
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

No worries