Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a beko dishwasher that isn't filling up with water,

Customer Question

I have a beko dishwasher that isn't filling up with water, there are no links in pipes and when I've put water in to fill it up and turn it on, it rejects the water and pours on floor
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Can you post the model number please.

Also what actually happens when you turn it on?

Is the drain pump running all the time?

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Model number is *****: DL1243W
Beko
Serial no: 12-106997-10
And yes the noise is on all the time which I presume is the drain pump.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Thanks for that. If the drain pump is running all the time then the flood switch in the base is activated due to water leaking underneath the dishwasher.

What you need to do is pull the dishwasher out and tip it 45 degs backwards and this will allow the water to drain out from the base so you may need a towel for that part.

Once the water is out the flood switch will reset itself and then you can start the dishwasher as normal.

But if it happens again then theres something leaking under there. You will need to remove the both side panels and the top and from there check the hoses underneath as sometimes one may come lose and cause the leaks.

But try the above and see how it goes from there and let me know.

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi yes I did all this today via YouTube help, water came out onto floor but still didn't work after being turned back on, did it several times, to be honest I'm a step away from buying a new one!!!
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Ok if you have done that a few times then theres a leak in there which you need to find.

So when you removed the panels did you see any lose hoses?

Did you remove the bottom base and pore water in there and see if you can see were its comming out from?

Regards