Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My Boshe dishwasher will not drain. Hoses are clear, filter

Customer Question

My Boshe dishwasher will not drain. Hoses are clear, filter in the bottom is clean, the pump is not blocked, and the check valve works. When I start it and there is water in the bottom the pump runs and drains some of the water out.
The unit is a Boshe shx43co5uc
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If the drain path is all clear and the pump is running, the issue is likely that the pump impeller has come loose from the motor shaft. The pump will likely need to be replaced.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If the impeller is separated then why does it drain a some of the water when I initially start the machine? As I indicted in the original question "When I start it and there is water in the bottom the pump runs and drains some of the water out."
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

It may drain some but not all, that would be expected. Is the pump noisy (vibrating, rattling, etc)?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it does not make an abnormal noise and is not loose. I checked it when I made sure there was nothing blocking it.