Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a Bosch dishwasher and put washing up liquid in

Customer Question

I have a Bosch dishwasher and put washing up liquid in dishwasher and also in the compartment where you put tablets. now the tap symbol , the salt symbol and a frost type symbol are flashing red. also the machine is not turning off and is making a roaring car engine type noise.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Hi

What you will find here the water will have leaked inside the dishwasher into the base due to the washing up liquid so has activated the flood switch in the base which keeps the drain pump running all the time.

What you need to do is pull the dishwasher out and lie it on its back and the water will drain out from the base of the dishwasher so you will need a towel for that part.

Once the water is out stand it up right and turn it back on and then it should be back to normal from there. So then you need to remove any foam that's inside the dishwasher and run it empty on a rinse cycle to try and clear the liquid in there and then it will be back to normal from there.

Try that and this will get it running again from there.

Regards