Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My washing machine's engine is sometimes running sometimes

Customer Question

My washing machine's engine is sometimes running sometimes not. the program is okay.
It could be the coal brushes or something in the dashboard that triggers the running of the engine. It's a WXLM 1461/01 FD 8209 704088.
I'm quite a handy man. so if I get the correct advise I can do the repair myself.
what can I do?
Thanks very much for your help
kind regards, Jan ***@******.***
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi

If the motor is playing up then its more then likely worn carbon brushes in the motor.

You need to remove the motor from the back of the washer and then at the back of the motor either side you will see the carbon brushes.

Remove them and if they have worn right down then you need to replace them and that should cure the fault from there.

So check them and see what you find but im sure it will be worn carbon brushes here.

Regards