Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

How do I remove the red cover?

Customer Question

How do I remove the red cover?
Category: UK Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a hotpoint washing machine. The lights come on but it doesn't work. The Hotpoint help line suggests I remove and clean the front drain plug. I have taken off the the front face place and see a red plastic cover on the right, which I presume covers the drain plug. I have tried turning the plate so the tabs are in line with the slots? It won't turn so I cannot remove it. What it does?
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Sorry for the delay in getting to your question. Do you still need help on this?

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is quite simple. There is a red cover over the drain plug . I need to remove it to get at the drain plug. I have tried turning it to get the tabs in line with the slots but it doesn’t turn. What do I do?
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Sorry for delay I've had computer problem all day.

That red cover you see isn't a filter it's a blanking cap.

The filter of this model will be in the dump hose at the back. You need to pull the washer out and remove the cover on the back at the bottom.

From there you will see a black hose going to be bottom of the drum then to the pump. You need to remove the hose from the pump end and then you can access the filter. Give it a clean out from there. Now you will see a ping pong ball. That's ment to be there so make sure it goes back in.

Then you may be best checking the pump and make sure that isn't blocked up as well.

So on this model that's how you access the filter as that red disc is just a blank in cap I'm afraid.

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Daniel T.
Thanks for the reply and advice. It seems a design fault, but there we are. I will check it out today. Regards, JS.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Its not the best design these washers with not accessable filters but theres a few brands that do models like this. Its usually the older models that dont have a filter.

But if you need anymore info just get back to me.

Regards

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Do you still need help on this as the question is still open?

If not then if you could rate the answer that would be great.

Many thanks