Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My hot point OPH 614 has stopped working and the cold wash

Customer Question

Hi
My hot point OPH 614 has stopped working and the cold wash light is flashing 8 times. It stopped as it was filling up it will drain but not spin and I can't open door.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi

I take it going of that model number the washer is a Hoover rather then Hotpoint.

As 8 flashes is E08 error code which is a motor related fault.

What you need to do is remove he motor from the back of he washer and then at the back of he Motor should be the carbon brushes. Take them out and see if they have worn down. If so then you need to replace them

If the motor brushes are fine then you need to check the main control Board and see if there signs of burning on there.

Just check the motor brushes first and see what you find. But you may find there's no brushes on this as there's a few versions of this model and one of them uses a 3 phase motor so it doesn't have brushes.

But that's what the 8 flashes are anyway it's something to do with the motor unit on there

Let me know what you find.

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will have to have a look tomorrow as I gsbent got time now but I will check it tomorrow thanks.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

No worries that's fine.