Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Ed, my Neff 6 ring gas hob is no longer igniting. 3 of the

Customer Question

Hi Ed, my Neff 6 ring gas hob is no longer igniting. 3 of the rings failed at once about a year ago, then the other 3 have gradually stopped. Is this likely to be a spark generator issue? I have tried cleaning the electrodes but no joy. All work fine from a match. 'Still hot' sensors work fine. Model T29R8N0. Thanks.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If it is still sparking, try cleaning the area the electrodes spark to and the electrodes but with sand paper. If no spark, you probably have a faulty spark module. Also, make sure the appliance is well grounded to earth at the outlet. Let me know what happens.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your reply Kelly. No spark, so suspect it is the spark module. How easy is it to replace that? Can I do it from the top or do I need to remove the whole hob from the work top? I've priced the part at about £100 online which seems expensive, but much cheaper than a replacement hob. What would you do? Thanks, Steve
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

I would replace the module. The entire top will need to come off to access it in the box below. I do have access to the manual, if you would like it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kelly, having had chance to look at the task, the manual would be useful so please can you send it? Many thanks.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

The manual is available for download below.

CLICK HERE

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!