Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I've got a Bosch Classix 6 and the 1st and 4th spin lights

Customer Question

Hi. I've got a Bosch Classix 6 and the 1st and 4th spin lights are lit up and the machine won't empty. I've tried turning it off and on again & I've put it on a spin cycle. It's now making a noise, but nothing is happening. Any ideas of what to do next?? Thanks
Category: UK Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've looked at the filter - it was clear. I've checked the impeller - that spins round easily. I've checked the drain hose connection to the spur near the u bend under the sink - both the pipe and the spur seem to be clear. I can hear the pump working but no water is being pumped out. I've put the machine on a rinse/spin cycle and it's doing neither - the water is just being moved around in the drum and not going anywhere. Thoughts please? Thanks
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If the water is not draining and the drain path is clear, the pump impeller is probably loose on the motor shaft and is not spinning with the motor when a load is applied (water). The drain pump will likely need to be replaced.