Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I own a Rangemaster DF 110 cooker/oven. The appliance is 15

Customer Question

I own a Rangemaster DF 110 cooker/oven. The appliance is 15 years old but in excellent condition. The problem I have is with the right hand fan oven. It only heats to around 150 degrees C. no matter how long it is left on for. Having a new spare element I fitted that first, (although I did not think this was the cause), the problem remained. I then installed a new thermostat, again no improvement. The light remains on until it reaches 150.C. with old or new parts.
I would be very grateful for your comments.
Thank you,
Russell Bowen.
the problem remained. I then installed a new thermostat, again no improvement. The light remains until it reaches 150.C. Any suggestions?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! With a new element and thermostat, the only thing left is wiring. Do you have a meter to test the voltage getting to the element?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your reply. I do not have a meter, but I know somebody who does. However he cannot do a test until the next end of next week. What voltage should be coming through and Is it worth doing anything else in the meantime?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

We would expect to see 230 VAC at the element. The power goes into the thermostat, out of the thermostat and then to the element. With both of those components being new, I suspect a wiring issue is at fault.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Kelly, I will get back to you once I have done the test.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Kelly,
Still waiting for the voltage test to be done. Will contact you in the next few days.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Sure, no worries, thank you. Please disregard any automated messages you may receive, I have no control over those. Any message from me will be in this thread only.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Kelly,
Tested the wiring, everything ok. Problem was with the thermal cut out, which has now been replaced.
Thanks for your help.
Russell.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Excellent, nice work!