Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

We just moved a Hotpoint HVF344 and it is now giving an F12

Customer Question

Hello. We just moved a Hotpoint HVF344 and it is now giving an F12 fault. It is trying to work but keeps clicking and moving the drum in very small increments.
I have given most of the connections inside a bit of a wiggle.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! I suspect that the drum may be unable to turn smoothly due to excess movement during transit. Can you easily turn the drum by hand?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the drum turns easily by hand. I have taken the load out and the drum now moves about 1/3 or 1/4 turn at at time whilst a solenoid keeps clicking for each part turn and the F12 message is flashing and it is beeping
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Okay, that is not the issue then. F12 indicates a communication failure between the front and rear electronic boards. The boards and/or wiring are faulty or loose/disconnected, causing the problem. You need to check all of the plugs and connections on both boards, unplugging them and plugging them back in, checking the wiring and all connections. If all found to be okay, you need to begin replacing boards, starting with the main board at the bottom rear.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had already found that answer online.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Okay, did you get a look at those connections and remove each one and reset it to the boards?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've done all that. No joy.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

The next step will be to replace the main electronic control board then.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That is pretty expensive and no guarantee it will definitely get it working. I think I will just scrap it.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Yes, that is not a great error to get because it is so broad and can be caused by so many things.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Kelly. As your answer was the same as I had already found for free I have not had any added value. I appreciate that this is how you earn your living and you have done a fair job so have earned your feedback but I feel that the deposit i paid of £3 would be fair, rather than the £9 for a satisfactoy answer. How do I acheive this? This website is less than transparent about this part of the process. Joseph
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Yes, of course. Take care....